Thursday, April 16, 2009

Before naptime

Right now, our schedule has about an hour of playtime between lunch and nap. Lately if the weather is nice, I spend this time with the girls in the backyard. Today, I decided to take them on a walk in the wagon. The weather is so perfect! I need to get in the habit of putting on their sun hats, but I did remember the sunscreen. After our walk we fiddled around on the front porch for a bit. They were helping me garden. I replanted a pepper plant that mom gave me. I left it outside during our last cold spell but luckily it survived!

I'm not sure about the girls, but I definitely have gotten my exercise in for the day. Not only did I go to the gym, I took them on a walk, pulling them behind me then I spent an hour while they were taking a nap digging up my front flower bed. It had 6 boxwood hedges that I didn't particularly care for. I dug up the six bushes and replanted two of them in front of my air conditioning unit. That way (if they survive the transplant) they will cover the air conditioner from the street view. In place of the boxwoods I plan to plant some blueberry bushes that I ordered off the internet. They are called Sunshine Blue Blueberries. They are an evergreen plant so they should look good year round.


Izzie and Maddie.


Izzie and Maddie

No comments: