Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baby Klement has Arrived!


Dana and Me before baby was born.


The grandparents: Jackie, Dale (back in the corner), Charlotte, and Tom


The Grandma's: Jackie and Charlotte


The proud Dad to be: Cody.


Mother and Daughters: Jackie, Dana and Julie


Sammy was waiting for his cousin to arrive.


Nanny was on pins and needles. Tom, enjoying a bite to eat during the wait.


Dana's Big Brother John (and my super sweet hubby) and Jackie. (Dale peeping in the back)

Today was a fun day full of anticipation. Dana arrived at the hospital at 5 am to be induced for labor. I arrived at around 10 am. I was very excited to spend a lot of time visiting with Dana. Once she got her epi (before I arrived) she wasn't feeling any pain. We all had fun watching the monitors and telling her when she was having a contraction. Around noon her baby's heart rate dipped a bit and they gave Dana some oxygen to help the baby get more oxygen too. Nothing really to worry about, things were moving along well. It was then decided by Dr. Watkins about an hour later that the baby was in the wrong position and having difficulties with the contractions. They decided a c-section would be the safest way to get baby here. I'm happy to announce that Dana delivered a very healthy baby at 2:46 pm that weighed 8 lbs 0 oz and measured 19.5 inches long. I'm sorry to keep everyone in suspense, but I forgot to ask Dana and Cody if it was okay to announce on my blog the sex and name. So, for now no pictures, sex or name until I get permission. I'll update as soon as I get the green light!

So, what were Maddie and Izzie doing all day long while I was at the hospital? They were having a fun day with Nana and Popo of course! My mom came early in the morning to take care of the girls and I left to go to the hospital. Popo came around lunch time to play. The girls decided to throw caution to the wind and try out a new schedule for Nana and Popo. The finagaled away to get individual play time. Maddie decided she was sleepy at 11 am (which NEVER happens) and took a nap, leaving Izzie free to spend time with my mom and Chris. Then when Maddie woke up, Izzie decided it was her naptime. Great strategy for the girls. My poor mom was worn out, since she didn't get a break! (That's why I look forward to naptime every day.) They had a blast, I still haven't heard all of what they did today. I'm sure the girls will give me more details of their day tomorrow.

No comments: