Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Accomplishment



Yay! I've finished the tote that I've been working on for the past week or so. Truthfully, it would have only taken me about 2.5-3 hours, but since I could only work on it in little 15 minute bursts, it took all week to finish. I bought this fabric to make a bag to go on the back of my double stroller. After so many months of using the stroller and learning I can survive without the fancy stroller bag, I didn't want to make such a specialized bag anymore. So, I just made a cute little all purpose tote. I lined it with the bright pink cotton and it has a big pocket inside. I used curtain grommets to attach the black ribbon handles. It is SO cute!!

You can carry it square or fold in the corners to have it look like this:

3 comments:

Dana Lynne said...

SO cute!!! What a great tote! I love the idea of using grommets!! Did you use a pattern or just wing it?

Amanda said...

Thanks! I just did it on the fly. I'd already cut out pieces for the stroller bag I wanted to use, so I let those pre-cut pieces determine the size of the tote!

Grandma said...

ok...third times the charm..tried to leave this message twice...well, it's adorable...good gift for anything..hint, hint