Saturday, February 21, 2009

An end of an era

So today was the first day since the girls were born that I didn't nurse them. They turned 14 months old yesterday and John and I decided that they were ready to stop nursing. I think they've been ready for a while now, I've just been holding on. For the past month I've only been nursing right before bedtime.I love the cuddles and the sweet looks they give me while nursing. But I do agree, they are getting older. They are toddlers now, not itty bitty babies. They didn't even miss me tonight. We took them upstairs, changed their diapers (it wasn't a bath night), gave them a sippy cup of milk. We cuddled them a bit and sang, "twinkle twinkle little star." Then we laid them in bed, said good night and left the room. Not one cry. No upset. They are off to slumber land. Well that isn't completely true, I cried. I miss my babies. I love my toddlers and look forward to all the adventures we will be having, but I do miss my itty bitty babies.

1 comment:

Dana Lynne said...

Awww, Amanda. I totally remember feeling the way you feel. Knowing they're ready, but not necessarily knowing that the same is true for yourself. It really is the end of an era. You should be SO proud of yourself for nursing as long as you did! You're awesome for doing that for your twins - it couldn't have been the easiest thing in the world, but as I'm sure you know, it's well worth it! Hugs, Dana :)