Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Temper Tantrums

Progression of a REALLY good temper tantrum: Age 13 months:

Stage One: Throw self to floor and look really pitiful.


Stage Two: Take a peek to make sure your audience is enthralled.


Stage Three: Get mad when audience is taking a picture.


Stage Four: Work up a REALLY good scream.


Stage Five: "The world is so SAD and NO one cares about me!!"


Last: Lay quietly out of sheer exhaustion. Make sure you still have a good pouty face.


Maddie worried that sissy is okay.


Once she realized that sissy was okay, she sat back and enjoyed the show.

I decided not to go to the playdate this morning at the mall. It's about a 40 minute drive from my house and the weather is terrible. It's supposed to freeze sometime around noon too, so there are going to be ice patches on the road. The girls have been excellent this morning. Izzie seems more like herself than she has been the past few days. For a couple of days now she has been having these horrible temper tantrums. Throwing herself to the floor, crossing her arms, screaming fits. It really had me perplexed. She's always been a bit of a drama queen, but this was starting to really scare me as how her toddler years were going to go. Thank goodness today she has been a lot more mellow.

John came home early from work, due to the predicted ice storm. So as soon as he got home, I booked it to the gym. I wanted to get a work out done since it'll be unsafe to drive tonight. On the way home I stopped to get milk, since we may be house bound for a day or two. The girls are napping now. Nothing else exciting planned for today.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Welcome to the world of toddlerdom. I hate to say it, but tantrums are the norm. Have a hot toddy (spiked for sure) and enjoy the reprieve today. I'm right there with you. Sammy got so upset over his lunch - that he requested - that he painted his hair with peas. On purpose. I'm told this stage lasts until 5. God help us! :)