Monday, December 29, 2008

RSV


Izzie sharing her piggy that she got from Jim and Judy last night.


My little Maddie doesn't feel good, and you can tell by the look on her face.

Yup. The girls have RSV. Otherwise known as Respiratory Syncytial Virus. It is a very mild case. But, let me start at the beginning. Yesterday, Maddie started coughing. It got worse as the day went on. By evening she was coughing almost continously. Last night was rough. She coughed all night long. We hardly got a wink of sleep. Luckily she and Izzie slept through most of the coughing. Until about 2:30, when Maddie woke up with a fever. It wasn't too hard to get her back to sleep and we all got a few hours of good sleep after that. So first thing this morning I called the doctor to get an appointment. Mom with with me to the doctor. I am SO glad she lives right around the corner! I could do it myself (maybe???) but it is very helpful to have her avaialbe to assist me. The doctor checked their breathing, and their ears and throat. Everything looked pretty okay. Then she did a nose swab to test for RSV. They run it in a machine and it tells you whether or not you have it. They registered that they had a mild case. Even Izzie who isn't coughing.

They both took a great nap today and seem to be in a good mood this afternoon minus the runny noses.

No comments: