Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve at Nanny's

In the Dittlinger household Christmas Eve is traditionally spent over at Mary Daniels house. That is John's Grandma and the girl's Nanny. Usually the family gets together for a Christmas dinner, Christmas Mass and family presents. This means all of the presents that aren't from Santa. Those are reserved for Christmas morning. This year was a bit different since the girls are a bit young and can't stay up late. Some years we didn't get home until 11pm there was so much gift giving going on! John, Maddie, Izzie and I went to see Nanny and the rest of the family and have some dinner. I gave Grandma her Christmas gift which was my handmade gift of the year. I made 60 envelopes out of scrapbooking paper. I pre-return addressed them and put double stick tape to seal them.

Colorful envelopes I made.


Here's Nanny opening her present.

I know it seems like a strange gift, but Grandma and my mother-in-law, Jackie are both really into Contesting. They enter contests as a hobby and they have won a lot of things and trips over the years. The colorful envelopes give them good luck they say.

The girls and Sabrina were very cute tonight. It's getting harder to see the 3 month age difference. They were all crawling around chasing each other and stealing each others pacifiers. I asked Sammy what Santa was bringing him for Christmas. His answer: A garage, a windmill, 2 trains and some cars and trucks. He's all boy. The windmill must be because Grandpa has a decorative one in his backyard that Sammy likes to play with. I'm sure Santa will follow through.


1 comment:

Dana Lynne said...

I'm impressed! Your envelopes are fantastic! I need to try that :) Seriously, we need to get together and craft sometime (or at least talk "craft") :)

Have a very Merry Christmas!