Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last minute

Ack! I lost track of time. I was so focused on the girls birthday that I have barely thought about Christmas. I mean, John's side of the family Christmas that we are celebrating actually on Christmas. That and Zella and Lila's birthday party. They turn one on Christmas Eve. We are going to stop by their party before heading over to Grandma's house for dinner. John called me this morning from work and asked if I had their present. I said, yes, but I've still got lots of time before Christmas Eve. He said, nope, that's tomorrow! I never lose track of time. I'm great at time management. And truthfully, I still have everything under control (with the help of John's reminder.) I have all the gifts bought, I just need to go into hyperdrive and get them wrapped. I'm still working on one gift. Every year I like to hand make at LEAST one gift. This year, I'm cutting that close!

The next two days are going to be fun and busy. I can't wait to see Izzie, Maddie, Sabrina and Sammy all opening presents at the Grandparents house. Jackie has a big house, but our family is starting to stretch the limits of her family room! Next year we'll add in Dana's little one too! I'm so lucky to be part of a big bostrious family. I was really close to my cousin Lisa growing up and I am so happy that my girls will have lots of cousins to grow up with.

So Merry Christmas Eve-Eve as I like to say. And make the most of the last minute rushing around.

No comments: