Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Yummy finger food meatballs

The girls are getting into fingerfoods with a vengence. They really are starting to enjoy feeding themselves. I like the look of satisfaction that shows up on their faces when the food makes it from hand to mouth. Like, I did it! Well, last night I served hot dogs for the first time (don't worry, I cut them up tiny so they wouldn't choke.) It got me thinking that I needed to start finding some more recipes that aren't in the junkfood category. Here are some Apple Turkey meatballs that I hope they enjoy!

Apple Turkey Meatballs:
1 lb turkey
1/2 cup super finely grated carrot
1/4 cub applesauce
1 tlbs grate onion
1 grated garlic clove
1/4 cup coconut flour or almond flour
2 egg yolks
basil

Mix and make out meatballs or little mini sticks. Place on cookie sheet and bake. Mine were so small that they cooked for 18 min at 350 degrees. I plan on freezing them on the cookie sheet so they don't stick together and then putting them in a zippy bag so that I can portion out however many I need. I made 134 of these tiny things!

Yes, there are three missing... Like I said, they are very tasty! If I was making them for adults I would definitely add salt to the recipe.

2 comments:

Kara Ross said...

Amanda, I'm going to definantly try this recipe! YUMMY! Where do you get all your cute layouts for your blog?

Amanda D said...

Kara- You'll have to tell me how it turns out for you and if you're kids like them. As for the backgrounds, thanks for the compliment! I'm a graphic artist and I've been having fun playing around with my blog background. :)