Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's been a very long day

John called me this morning from San Fransico. He was very sick all last night. He's supposed to come in tonight. The thing is, if he has the flu, we don't want him around the girls. He may stay at his mom's house tonight. I haven't gotten to talk to him since early this morning, so we'll see how he's feeling when he lands at DFW tonight.

This morning right after I put the girls down for a nap, my friend, Ashley called. She said her mother-in-law was watching her girls and wanted to know if I could go to lunch when she was finished with errands. I really wanted to go, but I had JUST got Maddie asleep and there was NO way I was waking her up! I told her to call me when she was done running errands and we'd see. Well, Maddie woke up 40 minutes later. So, it was good and bad. She had a relatively short nap, but that meant I could go to lunch! Then I had a wonderful brainstorm. I called my mom up and said, "What are you doing RIGHT now?" When she said, just a little of this and a little of that, I asked if she wanted to watch the girls for a bit. I got to go to lunch with a friend without the girls. As much as I love taking them out, it is an ordeal, and you don't get as much visiting in. The girls were great over at Mom's. She had to build a baby corral out of chairs to keep them in the living room. Quite creative!

Mom's homemade baby corral, with chairs turned sideways... I wonder how long this will last?

Yesterday the girls got invited to their very first Halloween party. My friend, Melissa was throwing it for some of the younger kids in the neighborhood. Stephanie (on the right) brought her twin boys, Nick and Max.


Izzie, Maddie, Max (looking at camera) and Nick


Later that evening, my mom came over to help me put the girls down to bed. She had fun putting them in their toy box!

Izzie and Maddie

No comments: