Sunday, October 5, 2008

"I vant to drink your blood..."


Izzie with her beet face.

Izzie and Maddie


Maddie... I love the "blood" drop.

The other night when the family got together for dinner, my sister-in-law, Julie mentioned that she was going to start making baby food for Sabrina. We were discussing the subject and were trying to list all the veggies that were good for purees. She mentioned beets. I hadn't thought of that one before, so of course I had to try it. I roasted the beets in the oven and pureed in the blender with a little water. The girls LOVED them. Who knew? I wasn't brave enough to try them, but maybe I should learn from my daughters and become more well rounded in what I eat!

1 comment:

Seren Dippity said...

It looks like a first attempt at lipstick! Cool. Remember, I had suggested beets when I read up on how to roast them. Next? Eggplant!

Did you notice that I helped memaw learn how to comment? And she's an official follower now too.

-Nana