Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy day


Maddie and Izzie at Mogio's.

Besides the day starting way earlier than I would have liked, it's been a great day. The girls woke up at 6:30. I do not like this trend. The thing is, I would be getting plenty of sleep if I didn't have to get up so many times at night. I go to bed between 9:30 and 10pm these days. But the girls are driving me crazy with their pacifiers. They want them many times throughout the night, but they don't wake up enough to find them in their crib. They just cry until I get up and put them in for them. If I wait, and see if they will do it, they cry so hard they wake themselves up and then it is close to impossible to get them back to bed. It's a catch 22. If I just get up and give them the paci in the short run, I get more sleep. I do not want to do cry-it-out. The girls are 10 months old, and I have yet to resort to letting them cry themselves to sleep. I just don't believe in it. I'm trying to figure out some other alternative at this point. I'm not even trying to wean them from the paci, I'm not concerned with that until age 2. At this point I just want them to put their own paci's in their mouth! Okay... didn't know I was going to go off on a very long tangent, but it's been driving me crazy. Basically, because of the multiple times I get up plus the one night nursing I still have, I need to sleep at least until 7:30 to feel rested.

Back on track. The girls woke up at 6:30, but thankfully this morning they woke up in a chatty mood. They laid (ha!) I mean, they stayed in their cribs until 7:15 just chatting and squealing happily. I rolled over and woke up slowly. Finally I got up to greet the day. We played hard this morning. Both girls are getting to be great crawlers. Especially Maddie. She flies across the room like she's been crawling forever. At 10:30 they were still happy, but I needed them to go take a nap, because I was meeting mom for lunch at noon. I took them upstairs, figuring it was going to be hard to get them down, but they went right to sleep. After nap time, we met Mom and Chris at Mogio's a new italian place in Murphy. Maddie and Izzie both think that they should be able to eat whatever is on my plate. I brought them some baby purees and some diced pears and cheese to munch on. I didn't figure a stromboli was quite what their diet needed.

After lunch, we went on a bike ride in our new trailer. They took to it much better today. But still, I was only able to go for about a mile before Maddie started to get really upset. I think they just need to get used to it. More play time, then nap time. I went to Kid to Kid when John got home and bought some new onesies for the girls. Dinner and then even more playtime. We are about to head out for a walk and then it'll be time for beddie bye. The day has run like clock work and been a fun filled day.

I think my favorite moment was when Izzie crawled in my lap this morning and gave me a hug. I love my girls so much!!!

No comments: