Friday, October 24, 2008

Field trip to Walmart


Izzie in the back of the shopping cart.


Maddie got to sit up front this time.


Maddie and Izzie helping me to shop.


Izzie and Maddie's first time to shop outside of the baby carseat.


Yes, even Walmart can be a fieldtrip when you've got twins. We were starting to go stir crazy, for some reason this week, we've been at home alot. John took a half day again today, but I decided to take the girls with me shopping. I know that I wanted to get out of the house for a bit, and I was sure the girls would enjoy it too. The thing is, the last time we went shopping, I knew the baby carseats in the shopping cart were no longer going to cut it. When they are in their carseats it makes them have to lay down while we shop and that is just too boring now days. I was brainstorming ways to shop with twins and mom came up with a great idea. About a month ago, she bought me some booster seats that are awesome. We've used them several different ways. Anyway, her idea was to strap the booster seat to the cart and put the girls in that. It worked beautifully!

My girls are growing up. It's so hard! Today was their first time to ride around in the cart without their carseats. Soon they will be toddlers and not babies. I bought them size 12month clothes today!!! I automatically start looking at the 3 month clothes, and then have to remind myself they aren't itty bitty anymore. Today Maddie is wearing a size 6-9month outfit that I just bought at Kid-to-Kid (used kids store) and it's already almost too small for her.

2 comments:

Seren Dippity said...

Yes, they do grow up fast. Next thing you know they will be 29 years old taking their own babies to walmart.

I hope you bought those girls some shoes. They look funny in long sleeves and long britches with their toes wiggling in the air.

'Nana

Sheila said...

Too bad we don't have carts like they have in ireland at some stores, they hold 2 kids in the seat. Wal-Mart needs those.