Sunday, September 28, 2008

Purple twins and a crawler

What a day. It started with the girls waking up really, really early. John brought them downstairs where they promptly fell back asleep. The morning went fairly well, and then they went down for a 2 hour nap. It shocked us. I remember fondly the days of 3 hour naps, now if we get an hour we are shocked. After naptime I went to Lowes and bought some Mums. They were on sale for 74cents a pot. I got a bunch. My plan was to put the girls on a blanket in the front yard so they could play while I dug up the flower bed. While we were getting ready (sunscreen, gathering up toys and a blanket) Maddie took her first crawling "steps!" She did it twice, moved about a foot each time. She was after the sunscreen bottle. She likes things that don't look like toys. We were so excited! Anyway, the yard didn't work out so great. They loved laying on the lawn in Tahoe, we figured it'd be the same. I did manage to get my flowers planeted, but John ended up bring the girls back inside. Izzie fell asleep in the jumper.

After I got all cleaned up the girls were getting fussy so I decided to give them a snack while I tried to get the kitchen cleaned up for tonight. (Everyone is coming over for cake and dinner for Mom's birthday.) I gave them a Gerber wagon wheel and some blueberries. I turned my babies purple. They liked the blueberries, but they got them everywhere. Somehow, the babies got cleaned (mostly) the kitchen got cleaned (mostly) and Rhonda just showd up for dinner. Whew. I'm exhausted.

Some flowers I bought. They were pretty and red.


I bought a lot of yellow mums. I hope they live!

No comments: