Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The great switcheroo

The girls decided to swap personalities for the day. Let me start off by saying, yes, I'm 100 percent sure Izzie is Izzie and Maddie is Maddie. They just sure aren't acting like it today. It actually started in the middle of the night last night. Izzie woke up at 3am to nurse. She hasn't done that in a while. It's been Maddie doing that. So while I was nursing her, I was trying to get a good look at her in the dark and make SURE it was Izzie. John was out of town last night so, I put them down myself. It was Izzie. I didn't think too much of it, I mean their sleep schedules are far from etched in stone. But when Maddie went all the way to 6am without waking up, I started to wonder again. This morning, when I turned on the light I made sure each twin was who I thought they were. So, they just slept differently. Okay. Well yesterday I started giving them breakfast. So we are now doing 3 meals a day! The doctor yesterday recommended adding dairy in the form of cheese and yogurt. So I bought some cottage cheese yesterday. I mixed it with blueberries for the morning meal. I was afraid Maddie would gag on the new texture. She didn't love it, but she didn't gag... Izzie did! I decided to puree the cottage cheese. It wasn't the texture, they didn't like the taste. I'll try again, they do that sometimes with new foods, but it just threw me for a loop again that Maddie was more willing to try it than Izzie. Izzie is usually my adventure eater! We played this morning and the weather was beautiful so we went on a long walk. After a 1hr 15min (!!!) nap I tried giving them a lunch. Mangos and Rice. They've had that several times before. Izzie started bawling and Maddie ate her portion. Now, Izzie is laying in the swing (Maddie's favorite spot) and Maddie is playing contently in the excersaucer. I wonder if this is "try sissy's personality on for a day" or a switcheroo completely? And again, yes, I'm 1000 percent sure I didn't mix them up!

No comments: