Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 7, Late night (aka 8pm)

It ended up being a long day today. The morning started out pretty slow. I stayed here with the girls while some went to the Lakeside for breakfast and others went to Rude Brothers for bagels. Julie brought me back a bagel. Nothing like the packaged ones you buy at the grocery store! After breakfast, Julie and I took a dip in the hot tub. Then a whole bunch of nothing happened for the next few hours. I was antsy to go DO something. But, Izzie took a nap, then she woke up and Maddie took a nap, etc. Finally it was lunchtime and I got in the car with Tom to pick up KFC for everyone. We had a picnic of fried chicken and mashed potatoes.

The plan was for the older crowd to head to Carson City to gamble and to a place called Sharkie's for dinner. The younger ones were going to Kahle Meadow to go on a hike. I was gung ho to GO GO GO and Sabrina took a nap. All this napping, and I didn't get a turn! Maddie and Izzie were playing and suddenly they got super fussy. Oh, my goodness. THEY wanted another nap. I figured we'd never get anywhere. Finally ALL the babies woke up at once and we swept out the door. It was a great little hike. It took us about 2 hours round trip. The hike ends at Lake Tahoe and we sat the girls down in the sand for a few minutes to see what they would do. Izzie tried to eat the sand, which wasn't unexpected. On the way back, I saw a cool looking black and yellow stripped snake!

After the hike, Chris, Julie, Sammy, Sabrina, John, Maddie, Izzie and I were going to go to dinner. It took forever for us to figure out a place to eat. We ended up at Wolfgang Puck Express. It was very tasty. I ended up having to order for John and I got him a Bar-B-Q Chicken Quesidilla. It turned out better than my Chicken Pesto Sandwhich. By the time we finished dinner it was time to put the girls down to bed. All the fresh air and wind from our hike wore them out.

No comments: