Saturday, August 30, 2008

Wisconsin Fish Fry in Dallas, Texas


Daddy and Izzie


Momma and Izzie


Maddie and Momma


Maddie got really, really tired.


"This IS my smile." <<- The look Sammy gave me when I told him to "Smile!"


We went over to John's parents house today for a Wisconsin Fish Fry. The whole gang was there. That's Grandma, Grandpa, Nanny, Chris, Julie, Sammy, Sabrina, Dana, Cody, John, Maddie, Izzie and I. When we got there we decided to jump in the pool. The water wasn't cold, but the sun was behind a cloud and there was a breeze so I was chilly. Maddie was already starting to get tired and a mouth full of water didn't help. I tried to put them down for a nap, but they both just started wailing on me. Izzie finally calmed down and was happy, but not sleepy. Maddie was exhausted, but not about to sleep. It took me 30 minutes to calm her down. As you can see, she finally fell asleep in the swing. She didn't look comfy, but we didn't dare touch her! Grandpa fried up a bunch of fish that they were given from the relatives up in Wisconsin. It was delicious. It was fun seeing the entire family around the table. We had to put up both leaves of the table and had three high chairs in the dining room. Next year when Dana and Cody's baby arrives, we just won't have room. Cody said we'll have to set up a table on the front lawn. It is nice that even in this day and age a whole family can get together and fill up a dining room. Sure, it was chaotic, Sammy was playing cars, Dana was playing the Nintendo Wii, Chris, Cody and John were watching football with Sabrina (an unwilling participant, I bet.) Maddie and Izzie were either happy playing on the floor or being carted around because they were crying. Grandma and Grandpa were frying fish. I was in the corner (when not holding a baby) trying to read the last chapter of my book. Nanny was just enjoying all the family being around. Julie was visiting with Dana a bunch. It was just an average Saturday hanging out. No agenda, just family. I'm truly lucky that I'm a part of such a group.
video

1 comment:

shannnah said...

sounds like fun!! I love it when my family gets together I don't even want to think of the chaos when my siblings have kids! there are 12 of us!