Thursday, August 14, 2008

What a way to wake up

Somehow the monitor got unplugged last night and the back-up batteries were apparently dead in it. Usually in the middle of the night when we hear the girls start grunting, it means they are looking for their paci. They don't do it as often now (thank goodness) but we get up, and give it to them and they go back to sleep without ever fully waking up. Well, last night we found out what happens if they don't get their paci's. Like I said, the monitor died and I woke up from a dead sleep hearing my baby girls crying at the top of their lungs from the other room. I was so asleep and confused and my mommy instinct kicked in. I ran in there thinking something terrible had happened. Then I realized that I just didn't hear the first noises over the monitor. So, one girl started crying and then woke the other. Then they were both crying. Everything was okay. Since it was close to 5am I just nursed them to get them calmed down and put them back to sleep. Needless to say, I was wide awake at this point, so that is how my day begun. And John, who took off today and tomorrow, his only comment was, "Well, that's one way to start a vacation..."

No comments: