Friday, August 29, 2008

Sunny rain

The strangest thing happened today. I was sitting at my computer and decided to check weather.com to see what the weather was supposed to be like this weekend. I had just clicked on the link when all of a sudden there was a huge clap of thunder outside. John and I looked at each other and were both confused. It was bright and sunny outside. We both just said, "Weird!" Then a few minutes later John exclaimed, "OH MY Goodess! It's POURING." I looked out the window and sure enough it was raining buckets but it was STILL bright and sunshiny! We've both seen that in College Station, but never here in Dallas.

Other news for the day... the girls decided to do opposite naps. Izzie took a short nap this morning, while Maddie took a long one, and then they switched for the afternoon nap. I wish they would discuss this nap thing and sync up a bit more. Izzie went to run errands with me this morning and Maddie went to the grocery store with me this afternoon. John took the day off so he'd have a four day weekend. (He's off Monday for Labor Day.)

No comments: