Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Spa day

Spa Day is finally here! For mother's day, way back in May, John got me a gift card to Firewheel Day Spa. He purchased a manicure, pedicure and a one hour massage. I've been so busy, I haven't scheduled it. The other night I was begging John for a back massage and he said, "Use your gift card!" So, I called the place and made an appointment. I'm thrilled. I can't wait to get pampered. I'm trying to decide on nail colors. I haven't painted my fingers or toes since the girls were born.

The girls are sleeping in this morning. I of course woke up at 6:15 wanting to get some stuff done before they woke up at 7 like usual. They choose this morning to sleep in. Not that I'm complaining, I just wish they'd sent me the memo so I could have slept in too! I've been doing some laundry and reading my car manual. John laughs at me. He says NO one reads their car manual. I've read every single car manual I've ever owned. I'm just weird that way. I pretty much read the manual to anything I buy. It must be some sort of weird obsessive compulsive thing. But, I've uncovered features I didn't know I even had. Sounds like the angels are starting to stir...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recently had the same kind of package deal from my husband to Firewheel Day Spa. I noticed many dustbunnies in the facial and the massage rooms. Yuck!

Then I noticed the foot spa was not cleaned in front of me and the water was already in it. I could not tell if it had been cleaned and I asked the girl worker and she said they use "disinfectant tablets" and so the water should be okay. I also pointed out that I had a big scrape on my leg and they were not concerned. The only reason I agreed to put my feet in the water, is that there was also a can of disinfectant and the scrape was above the water line.
The same girl did my nails. Every nail is a different shape. She used a used buffer. The Aveda Salon at Lifetime Fitness won't even use those things on ya. And her buffing cream was pre-used.