Saturday, August 16, 2008

Klement Farm


Cody holding a goat up for Izzie.


Maddie really liked petting the goat too, even though her face was a bit surprised. She got into it.


Here am I on a four-wheeler. I LOVE riding these things!


Maddie and Izzie playing in Dana's living room... soon there will be a LOT more toys on the floor!


Charlotte holding Izzie and Dana holding Maddie at the farm.


We just got back from a very busy day out. We were gone all day long. As soon as the girls woke up this morning we jumped in the car to spend the day with Dana and Cody, the girls Aunt and Uncle. Then we spent the evening with Grandma and Grandpa.

We had a blast at Dana and Cody's house. The girls seemed to enjoy themselves a bunch too. When we first got there, we put them in front of Dana's sliding glass window. They had front row seats to watch Gus, the dog. That was a blast. The girls then spent some time rolling around and playing on the floor. Oh, and when I say roll, I mean ROLL. Especially Maddie. She rolled across Dana's living room about 3 or 4 times. Then Dana wanted to take us out to Cody's parent's farm. That was the highlight of my day for sure. The girls got to pet goats, which was fun for them. Izzie reached over and grabbed the goat with both hands. I got to ride on one of the four-wheelers. Which is one of my favorite things to do from when I was a kid. I could spend a whole day out in a pasture just racing around on one of those things. Thanks Cody for taking me out!!! We went to the fish tank to feed the catfish. I looked over at Cody and said, "Somehow I mananged to marry a city slicker." Without missing a beat, he just said, "Yeah, me too." Now don't get me wrong, I'm a city girl, I just like to say I have a country heart. It truly was a fun day, I wish we could have stayed longer. I enjoyed visiting with Charlotte and Dale, Cody's parents. They have a wonderful 100 year old house with a Porch. Anyone who knows anything about porches knows what I'm talking about with a capital "P" porch. It was just made to sit on.

After the farm we headed back to Dana's and had a yummy lunch of steaks and salad. After some more visiting, it was time to hit the road. We thought we might drive home with a mini-van since John's parents had told us about a great deal they had heard about that morning. They went and checked it out while we were in Muenster and said it wasn't worth stopping at the dealer for. Oh well. Like I told John, we didn't wake up this morning thinking we'd buy a van, so not going to bed with one wasn't a big deal. Jackie made the most scrumptious fish dinner. I ate too much.

All in all, it was a great way to spend a nice Saturday.

No comments: