Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Let's have Whirled Peas


Today was a day with no cell phone, and yet, somehow I survived. Last night I left my purse in the car, and my cell phone was in it. John has been driving the car to work, since I don't usually go anywhere during the day, it was silly for him to use the truck. Anyway, when I noticed that I didn't have my cell phone, it was funny how many people I just HAD to call out of town. Then there is my mom who lives 5 miles away but for some reason still has a Houston cell number and no house number. I sent her an email to call me! It's not like I had anything to say, but it was weird not being able to call. And of course even the local people I know, all of their phone numbers are stored in that little device. It's hard to remember back before cell phones.

As for the girls today, they have been in really good moods. Although the girls are going through a phase of not wanting to take naps. I call it a phase, because I'm hoping they get over it soon. It's not that they don't nap at all, they are just taking shorter naps than they used to. I think they still need the same amount of sleep though because they get so grumpy at night. Maddie was the one today that only took a short nap. She did better this evening than I thought she would.

They are getting so big. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they are already 7 months old. Today while I was fixing their lunch I had them both in the high chairs with some toys. I had them angled so that they could sort of see each other. It was the cutest thing I've seen. They were having a "conversation" with each other. I mean, it was all babble and squeaks and squeals, but they were really looking at each other, taking turns "talking" and then laughing together. I wish I could capture it on video, but so far any time I try, they get camera shy. I try to be stealthy, but I need more practice. They enjoyed their lunch of "Whirled Peas" (as Popo calls it!) and apple & rice cereal mix. Tomorrow they get to try millet. It's a grain that is packed full of all sorts of nutrients. It's actually one of my favorite side dishes.

No comments: