Sunday, July 27, 2008

We're back!


Maddie-in-a-box


Izzie


Maddie's bath in the sink


Izzie's turn!


Lunch with Jamie and Nicholas (Moooooom, peas???)


Maddie and Daddy playing around at Unka D's studio.


"See Mema, I'm a BIG girl!" says Maddie.


Izzie telling Pepaw a story.


Grnadma Bettie, Izzie, Grandpa Jimmy and Maddie.


And what a fun trip it was. I didn't write anything while I was gone, because I was just enjoying the time visiting and spending time away from the computer and tv. I was "unplugged." I did take a ton of pictures while I was gone, so I'll put up a bunch after I get them organized. In the mean time...

We had a great time. The trip down to Bryan went okay, I did have to stop to feed the girls in a parking lot of Dairy Queen in Calvert, Texas. That was "fun." Maddie cried for an hour of the trip and I squeezed in between the two carseats in the back to try to entertain the girls a bit. It wasn't so bad. Thursday night, we mostly sat around and visited. Then it was time to put the girls down to bed. Friday we went to lunch with Jamie and Nicholas and then had Unka D take some pictures of the girls at the Studio.

Saturday, John, the girls and I visited the Texas A&M University campus. It was the first time that either one of has been on campus since I graduated in 2002. It was so much fun reminiscing of old times. John and I met on the steps of Zachary (one of the engineering buildings.) We had a picnic with the girls (the girls first picnic!) and then we walked to a lot of our favorite campus spots. It was a highlight of my trip. It felt strange, since everything was familiar, but not. Plus on a Saturday in the summer the campus was a ghost town! That was definitely weird. After we got back from campus, Grandma Bettie and Grandpa Jimmy stopped by Mema's house to see the girls and visit. They were amazed at how big the girls are getting!

This morning was an interesting parenting experience. The girls woke up each night at 4:30, I nursed them, and then put them back to sleep. Then we all slept until 7:30 or 8:00am. Well this morning, they did not want to go back down. Izzie was really fussy and she kept Maddie up. Then they both started crying. So after about an hour, I fed them again, just to soothe them back to sleep. Maddie proceeded to go right to sleep, but Izzie was still fussy. I picked her back up and started rocking her. I mentioned to John that she felt clammy so I unwrapped her from her swaddle. I put her up in bed between us. She proceeded to spit up all over her nightgown and the bed. So we cleaned that up and got her changed. We were debating what to do with the sheets when she threw up all over me, and the bed. Maddie thankfully slept through all of this commotion. We bathed Izzie and stripped the sheets. By this point it was about 7am and we knew we weren't getting any more sleep. Izzie was feeling much much better. So she and John watched some tv in the living room and I went in the office and visited with Pepaw who was up by this time. Right after Maddie woke up, we got on the road. Both girls did pretty decent on the drive home and we didn't even have to stop.

No comments: