Monday, June 23, 2008

Uh oh

I'm beginning to suspect that Maddie may have caught whatever I have. I've been trying to be very careful, washing my hands a million times a day, not coughing on the girls, that sort of thing. Hopefully I'm wrong, but she has been whimpering and crying all morning. This is totally out of character for Maddie. Especially when she was whimpering while I was holding her. My heart just started to break. I finally gave her some Tylenol at 9:45, thirty minutes later she's now sleeping. Thank goodness Izzie is in high spirits this morning. She's just been playing by herself happy as a bee while I've been attending to Maddie. But, now that Maddie is comfortable, I'm going to go spend some time with Izzie. She's being such a darling.

Both girls have gone down for a nap. It's been a little over two hours. I hope they sleep their usual three. John has to work a little late today. I'm hoping Maddie was just "off" this morning and not really sick. I don't think she has a sore throat like me, because she is nursing really well. I didn't want to swallow anything when my throat was at its worst.

I spent naptime making dinner for the next few days. It's really the only time I get to cook. I think it will be fun in the future when the girls are old enough to "help" out in the kitchen and then even older when they really will help. I hope they share my joy of cooking one day!

No comments: