Thursday, June 5, 2008

The perfect highchair

Well, the girls don't have a high chair yet. Yesterday, was all crazy for Izzie and I. Maddie somehow managed to stay on the normal routine though. But right about the time Maddie woke up from her nap, Izzie was finally ready to go down. What this meant for me, was that I didn't get a break yesterday. I was worn out by the time John got home. So he told me, he'd take the evening shift and give me a chance to go out for awhile by myself. (THANK YOU!) I've been wanting to get the girls highchairs so I headed to Babies R Us. There were some other items I wanted from there as well. The girls aren't starting solids until after their next doctor's appointment at the end of the month, but we wanted the chairs so they could start "eating" dinner with us. The chair that I saw online that I wanted wasn't in the store, so I didn't actually end up buying any. I'm weary of buying it online though, because I want to see it in person before I buy it. I think they might sell it at Walmart, so I'll check it out there in the next few days. If I like it, I'll probably order it. (The online price is a better deal.)

The thing that is amusing about all of this to me, is how excited I am about buying baby stuff still. I put so much "research" into each purchase. Like the perfect highchair could effect the rest of our lives. I ask other mom's which one they like, I read reviews online and I go to the store and "try" them out. It's funny, because in the back of my mind, I know it's not the most important decision ever, but I can't help myself. I guess I just want everything to be Just Right for my girls. And really, what mother is any different?

No comments: