Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our first dinner out as a family


Daddy, Momma, Maddie and Izzie at Brooklyn's Pizza

Today the four of us went out to eat together for the first time. I've been with Mom and Chris a couple of times to get the hang of it, and this time around John said he'd take his ladies out. We chose a new restaurant which was brave, because going in with twin babies can be a challenge if you don't know the lay of the land before hand. Good things to know are: 1. Is their room for a double stroller or do they have carseat slings? 2. Is it family friendly? 3. Can we pack it up to go and leave quickly if we have to?

Brooklyn's Pizza ended up being a perfect restaurant because almost everyone there had a kid. It was very family oriented, but still an adult pizza place. The owner, a grandpa himself came and talked to us personally. He was really nice. I told him his pizza was good, and that we had ordered extra to take home. He made me promise to not reheat it in the microwave. He said, "I'd rather throw out the rest of that pizza than have it reheated in a microwave!" I assured him I wouldn't reheat it that way! Now I wonder what he'll think when I eat it cold in the morning?

The girls were both very good. Maddie fussed a bit, and wanted to be held, but that is nothing new to us. We are pros at eating and holding a baby. Izzie just was happy looking around at all the busy people. We had a good evening.

No comments: