Sunday, June 15, 2008

John's first Father's Day

Happy Fathers Day to John! It didn't start out so great for him. First of all, Izzie had a rough night. We were both up with her a lot. Then she woke up at 5:30, when we are used to her sleeping until 6:30 and sometimes 7. I didn't want to wake up Maddie, and Izzie wasn't hungry, just awake. Maybe we should have just let her played. She wasn't crying. I was afraid she'd wake up Maddie. Which wouldn't have been the end of the world. But at 5:30, when I've been up several other times through out the night, I wasn't thinking clearly. So I tried getting her back to sleep. Didn't work. I just made her mad and then she started to cry. So finally at 6 I decided to wake up Maddie and just feed them. I put them back to sleep and luckily it worked! So I got some more shut eye. John was sleeping through most of this, although he did come in to check on us at one point.

So when I woke up this morning, I was hungry and still sleepy. I came downstairs and started to grab something to eat. When John realized I wasn't going to offer to make him breakfast for father's day, he said as much. I felt really really bad, because I wasn't even thinking about it. I was just still sleepy. Doubly in trouble because the first thing I said to him this morning was, "Can you please empty all the trash before you leave on your trip?" What a wonderful Father's Day. Considering it's still before 9 am, maybe it will only get better from here?

I do want to take the time to say how wonderful a father John has been these last 6 plus months. I say 6 plus, because he started being a great dad even before the girls were born. Just by taking care of me when I was on bed rest, he was taking care of his little girls. But after their birth, he has been 100% hands on awesome. In the beginning he did more diaper changes than I did! He woke up for every single night feeding to help me, even though I was breastfeeding. Even now, with no night feedings he still wakes up a few times a night to help me when the girls want their paci's in the middle of the night. He's always thinking of his little babies. He loves to hug and kiss them and just hold them. I really couldn't ask for a better father for my precious little baby girls. He's the best husband a woman could ask for. Here's some photos of John with the girls in those early days.


No comments: