Friday, June 6, 2008

Engineering degree


In all of the books I read on bedrest about how to raise children none of them said it would be useful to have a mechanical engineering degree. Putting together baby stuff is hard. And you have to do it all the time. And if you have twins you have to put together twice as much stuff. I finally bought the perfect highchairs today. Do you want to know why they are perfect? Because I said so. I finally got tired of trying to find the perfect highchair and I just bought one (well... two.) It's almost perfect. Whoops... no, it is perfect, I forgot for a moment. One thing that I think is supper cool about it is the big basket underneath. What a brilliant idea. The tray can come off with one hand. And the seat is vinyl so it is easy to wash. I can't wait to put the girls in them. I put the chairs together during nap time. And they were pretty tough to put together. I even injured my finger.

I can't believe how big my girls are getting. It's going to be time to start solids soon. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to make all my baby food from scratch. I mean, I cook all of my food from scratch, so why would I give my babies canned food? There is a great website called wholesomebabyfood.com that is an awesome resource. I also bought a book at amazon.com that should be coming in the mail soon.

I took the girls with me to Target to buy their highchair. It worked out pretty great. I put Maddie in the carseat in the basket of the cart and Izzie rode in her carseat on the top of the basket. The few items that I needed to buy besides the highchairs went all around the girls. I had an employee get my highchairs for me and cart them out to my car for me. I knew I couldn't take the stroller or the highchairs would have fit. It gave me a lot of confidence to take both girls out with me on a shopping trip and have nothing go wrong.

No comments: