Wednesday, May 7, 2008

To swaddle or not?

The girls are getting better at sleeping in the nursery. Or maybe it's me that is getting better. I don't think they had a problem with the idea. I still get up about one extra time a night to check on them. I'll get over that with time. Right now, our biggest night time issue is the swaddling. Maddie has been fighting the swaddling really bad. So I thought, maybe it's time to go unswaddled! So I tried that last night. She scooted around the bed making little grunting noises and waving her arms around for an hour and half. Finally I just swaddled her. By this time she was really tired and was out in less than 10 minutes. So, I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe I'll try again tonight. Maybe she isn't ready to be unswaddled. It's hard to say for sure. Izzie on the other hand, doesn't mind being swaddled at first, but through the night she tends to "break free" and wake herself up. It's an issue that we will keep working.


Anytime you get a new haircut, it takes a few days to "learn" how to fix it. This morning I woke up to a mass of curls piled on my head. I tried straightening the bangs like Alyson did, but I think I need a bit more practice. Here's my hair...the day after.

2 comments:

Babyswiss said...

Hey Aggie! Last night I swaddled Adele with one arm out...she slept as well as she usually does....you might try that with your LO's :) HTH

(yes, I read your blog regularly...and lots of other BF moms' as well!)

supervetek98 said...

Oh my lord they are so beautiful and have gotten so big. I love the new do!