Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cleaning closets

Whew... it's already 7:15 at night. The day has absolutely flown by! This morning was a morning of cleaning. I cleaned the kitchen and did a bunch of laundry. I've spent the last few days sorting through my clothes and putting up winter clothes. Then I packed up the girls and headed over to mom's house while John had the guys over for D&D. We went to lunch and the to a fabric store. Mom is thinking about making curtains for her kitchen since she can't find any that she likes. We didn't see anything too spectacular, but we did get some ideas.

After that we headed back to her house and I put the girls down for a nap. I wasn't sure they were going to nap, but soon enough they fell asleep. Then Mom and I attacked her closet. She needed some help culling through her wardrobe to decide what to keep and what to let go. It was a lot of work, but it was fun. I felt like I was on the show "What Not to Wear." I created keep, throw-away and garage sale piles.Towards the end it felt like we were in a race because I wanted to finish it up before the girls woke up for their nap. We finished up just in time. Now, we are relaxing with the girls. John is wearing Izzie and I'm wearing Maddie in the bjorns.


This is John and Izzie a few nights ago. She was tired!

1 comment:

Seren Dippity said...

BEST mother's day gift (a week early) eva! A clean closet and a few boxes less to empty. Thanks for the help!

-Nana