Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Out and about


Today the girls and I went to Babies R Us and to Williams-Sonoma. John got a gift card to Williams-Sonoma from his work at the Christmas Party way back in December and I've been itching to use it ever since! I love that store. Of course, mostly I love browsing that store since everything is so expensive. I figured I could get some kitchen gadgets or such, since it was a $50 card. But after browsing, I realized that $50 doesn't get very far at WS. I found an ice cream scoop for $22. I wonder how much ice cream you'd have to eat to justify that? Hum... I do love the gadget wall though. I wouldn't buy half of the stuff even if I was Martha Stewart and I had a place to store it all. Seriously, who needs a cherry-pitter? How about a corn-zipper? And I know everyone needs a fish-lifter. Maybe I'm secretly envious of anyone who has a kitchen that is big enough and organized enough to have these items. Knowing my luck, I'd reach for my corn-zipper and couldn't remember where I put it. So, I left the gadget wall and decided to buy a pasta maker. I love homemade pasta (who doesn't?). I guess you could say it's a gadget too...

At Babies R Us, I was going to buy a Kidco PeaPod Plus. I found it online. They don't carry it in the store, so I'm thinking about ordering it. It's cool. It's like a bed/tent for babies/young children. I don't think a pack n' play is very practical for twins, as they'd outgrow it so fast, but this thing is big enough for the two of them for a while and then one of them later on. It folds up super small and only weighs 8 lbs. I've found that with twins, things are much more valuable if they weigh less and take up as little space as possible. Anyway, this PeaPod would be useful for out of town trips, or just hanging out in the backyard.

The girls were awesome on the whole trip. They slept the whole time. Izzie cracked her eyes open a few times, but I think they enjoyed the car ride and the stroller ride. Of course they got a few ahhs. But they are adorable, aren't they?

Other than that (and it is funny how a short shopping trip comprises my whole day now) we just hung out in the house. I thought it was going to be cold, because there was a lot of snow on the ground this morning, but the sun came out and it was actually a very nice day.

No comments: