Saturday, March 8, 2008

Coo-coo

The girls have started cooing this week!! It's so cute. I love hearing noises come out of them that don't mean the are upset about something. Izzie started first, and Maddie followed close behind. Izzie will just look at you and smile and start "talking." I love it! By the way, cooing is such a strange word, but I guess it's onomatopoeia; as their noises sound like a coo.


Here's a picture of John holding Maddie up in the air and Izzie in the baby bjorn. I went to Kohl's today to buy a new dress to wear to tomorrow's baptism. When I came home, John said the girls had been a bit fussy! Here he was trying to calm them down. Poor guy! I told him to hold on ONE more second because I had to take a picture. He looks so cute! As do my girls who are dressed in their Aggie wear today.

I've been busy today. Earlier this week I went to Williams-Sonoma and bought a pasta machine and today I made homemade pasta. It's the old fashioned kind that little Italian Grandma's used. Or at least that's what the package said! I made my pasta, not like little Italian Grandma's, but in my mixer. It does the hard part for you, so you don't have to knead as long. Extruding the pasta through the machine was fun. It really wasn't hard at all. I didn't dry it correctly so when I went to cook the pasta, some of it lumped together, but overall it worked out okay and tasted great.

No comments: