Thursday, March 20, 2008

3 months old today!



The girls are three months old today! I can hardly believe it. The time has just flown by. But looking back at their pictures, it's amazing how much they've already grown in that amount of time. Right now, they are taking their mid-morning nap, but hopefully I'll get some cute pictures of them today. Their "friends" Sebastian and Cambry are coming over again today for a visit. They should be here soon.

Izzie was really fussy this morning after we woke up and I realized she wasn't ready to wake up. I re-wrapped her (we still swaddle the girls at night) and she immediately calmed down and went back to sleep. I was right with her! If it wasn't for Maddie being wide awake and bushy tailed I think I would have joined Izzie in bed! Oh the joys of having two. They say sleep when the baby sleeps, but who can get two babies to sleep at the same time?

Actually we have implemented an "official" afternoon nap that seems to be working well. (Hope I didn't just jinx it!) But I've been using that time to catch up on laundry and projects around the house. Yesterday I used the time to start my herb garden for the summer. The day before I was hanging pictures in the girls nursery. Sometimes I use that time to cook dinner so that later that evening all I have to do is reheat it. I sure don't have time to sleep! It wouldn't be a problem if the girls were sleeping better at night. They had been. They were excellent sleepers at night, but the last 4-5 nights have been rough and the lack of sleep on my part is starting to show. I'm getting tired. But, I can't take naps during the day anyway. My mind stays too busy. Hopefully soon, they'll go back to sleeping good at night. That was ideal.


Sebastain, Amanda, Izzie, Maddie and Cambry

No comments: