Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Our first public appearance

I couldn't wait any longer. We had said we weren't going to take the girls out until after the 20th when they were 2 months old, but I'm not a very patient person. So, Mom and I took the girls out to lunch yesterday for the first time. It went pretty well. We went to San Fransisco Oven. It's a little sandwich shop in Firewheel Mall. I wanted to go somewhere that I knew wouldn't be too crowded. I didn't bring the stroller thinking it would be easy to carry them in, sit down and eat. A stroller would have been nice, but we did okay without it. They were sleeping almost the whole time Mom and I ate. Then we went to Carter's Kids Clothing store which is right next door to San Fransisco Oven. I bought two new sleepers, but I bought the wrong size. Oh well, they will grow into them soon enough!

Nighttime has been great around here the last 4 nights. The girls are sleeping so much better! They even slept 7 hours straight last night. John and I forgot what that much sleep felt like. Of course it wasn't the best 7 hours, since they ate at 8pm, we had to wake up at 3 to feed, but I'm not complaining about that one bit!!

Cookin' Corner

John asked me to make a chicken dish with tomatoes and greenbeans. I didn't think that sounded too good, but I told him I'd give it a go. I have made a beef dish that way before.

Chicken Rustica (John named it)
-chicken breasts (I did 3)
-1/4 cup flour
-can of fire roasted diced tomatoes
-can of green beans rinsed really well and drained
-1/2 cup of chicken broth or so
-clove of garlic (what do I cook without one?)
-italian seasoning
-cooked brown rice

This one is really easy. I put the chicken breasts in a zippy bag, poured in the flour with a little salt and pepper. Shake really well to coat. Spray your skillet with cooking spray and add chicken to brown the outside. Flip the chicken over and brown the other side. Add can of tomatoes and the can of really well rinsed greenbeans. (I hate the "can" taste!) Add the chicken broth and seasonings. Let simmer on low until chicken is falling apart tender. Serve over brown rice. This was really tasty! (And simple!)

No comments: