Sunday, February 24, 2008

One fajita

Yesterday afternoon flew by in a flash. Like I said, I had spent the morning over at Stephanie's house for her baby shower. Then somehow the afternoon was over in a flash. I wanted to stop by Andrea's house and see her new baby Aubree. She was born January 16th. When I stopped by, Andrea had left to go shopping and her husband Bryan said she'd be back in probably and hour and to come by then. So I went back home. I started the prep work on some chicken wings I was going to make for John's D&D group that is coming over today. I've never made chicken wings, but they were cheap at the store and I thought it might be fun to try. I marinated them in buttermilk for a few hours, drained and rinsed them, and then marinated half in chili sauce and half in this raspberry chipolte sauce. This morning I baked them at 455 degrees for 25 minutes flipping them once. (By the way, my smoke detector went off 3 times during this process. If anyone knows why, please let me know. There was NO smoke, just a hot oven. It's SO annoying when that happens!) But I digress.... I finally got to go visit Andrea and her baby girl, who of course is so precious and cute as a button! My girls are only 9 and half weeks old, but I still wanted to see the newborn! As I was leaving Andrea's house, I ran into my neighbor Laura who hasn't seen the girls yet. So she came over for a few minutes.

By the time she left, it was 6pm, John and I were hungry. When he asked me what was for dinner, I had to think for a minute. I knew I had some chicken meat in the freezer that I had pre-marinated in tequila lime sauce. So, I grabbed that out, started defrosting it, started chopping onions and bell peppers. John walks in and asks what I was making. I walked into my pantry and came out with one tortilla. I said, "Apparently we are having a fajita." I had thought we'd had more than one tortilla in the pantry! John had been snacking on them and I didn't know it! So, he ended up having a Chicken Fajita Salad (kinda like a taco salad) and I had one giant stuffed fajita for dinner. I thought the whole thing was pretty funny.

No comments: