Friday, February 1, 2008

Busy days

The last couple of days have been very busy. I've been going non-stop! I *think* last night I finally caught up on some very needed sleep because I was run ragged. Yesterday evening around 6pm I was ready to turn in. I started crying at the thought of dinner. I ended up eating a bowl of cereal and John had a sandwich. We have some prepared dinners, but I didn't even have the energy to use the microwave!

On Wed, John came home and we spend the evening making Arachini Balls for a Super Bowl Cook Off his office was having on Thursday. Arachini Balls are basically risotto balls stuffed with ham and mozzarella, battered and then deep fried. They take a while to make, but are so delicious! Rolling up risotto isn't easy! But he hopes to win the prize for best overall dish. During all this we were watching the girls, who were being very good! Also, Nana was over visiting and she was playing with the girls too.

Then on Wed night we heard the news that Julie (my sis-in-law) was in the hospital. She's 30 weeks pregnant so we were very scared! Turns out she had to go into emergency surgery that night to relieve pressure from her kidneys. It was a very dangerous risky surgery and we were all scared and hoping for the best. Well, she's okay right now. They've got her in a holding pattern for (hopefully 6-7 weeks) until the baby is born. Then they can find out what caused the problem and hopefully fix it. So yesterday we went to the hospital to visit her. She looks tired (who can blame her?) but seems to be doing okay.

I also got a chance to visit my friend Stephanie who is also in antipartum (right next door to Julie!) She's on hospital bedrest for the duration of her multiples pregnancy. She's having twin boys. I wish I could have stayed to visit both of them longer, but I had to get back home to feed my girls.

When I got home (after the girls got their fill), John stayed and I went out with mom to Home Depot. She has a coupon that expired and I had a gift card I wanted to use. I bought handles for my kitchen cabinets. Then we went to Target to pick up a prescription that I had called in. They said it would take over an hour to fill. I was so upset. (Mostly due to how exhausted I was at this point.) I left the store crying.

Finally got home, got in my jammies, ate my bowl of cereal, fed and bathed my girls and hit the sack. Luckily last night the girls slept really well and John and I got some deep sleep. I feel much better this morning! We figured out that they weren't sleeping well because they had bad gas. Poor munchkins!! We gave them some gas drops (baby antacids) and they felt so much better. They weren't squirming and grunting continuously, and slept very peacefully for the first time in about 3 nights.

1 comment:

Lynnda said...

Sorry to hear you are going such a tough time. One is a handfull I can only imagine what 2 is like. But it is pretty normal for the crying spells!
Your Dad and I where wondering if you recieved the last package we sent. We read you were looking for the preemie caps and thought they needed some mittens as well.
I hope today is a better day for you. The babies come first but always take time out to pamper their mother as well...she deserves it!