Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2 months old today



The girls are two months old today! We had their two month doctors appointment scheduled for today, but the doctor called in sick, so it is rescheduled for next Wed. I'm anxious to see how much weight they've gained! But, I wasn't looking forward to the shots. Right now, I have Izzie wrapped and John has Maddie wrapped. They are wanting to be held all day long. This won't work too well when John goes back to work next week! I'll figure it out.

Our six hour stretch of sleep has come to an end. Last night they only slept for 4 hours at a time. Hopefully it was just a hiccup and not an end. Maybe tonight will be another sixer.

I was so focused on taking them to the docs today that I didn't make any other plans. So, now I've got to decide what to do today. Probably more of what I did yesterday. Laundry, housework, playing with babies in no particular order. John and I got to watch part of American Idol last night, but the girls told us we'd have to finish it today. I guess they really didn't like the guys singing, but they started crying during one of the songs. Now that I think about it, maybe they've hit another growth spurt. They ate every three hours yesterday. When they have been going closer to 4 during the day. I'm learning that you just really can't "figure" out a baby. You just go with the flow, enjoy each and every moment and tell yourself, "this too, shall pass."

Today after their mid-day feeding John got the girls mixed up! He took Maddie and dressed her in Izzie's clothes. I wasn't paying much attention as I was burping Izzie. I heard him call Maddie, Izzie. I told him he had Maddie. He said he didn't. Then he asked if I was sure. I think both of us had a moment of confusion. Then I said, no, I really do have Izzie. It was the first time he really got them mixed up.

4:30pm- we are still trying to get 2 month pictures taken. The girls have been very fussy today, so it hasn't been easy. We took some in these little dresses they have, but the dresses are too big and the pictures didn't come out. I'm going to try again in a little bit to take some more.

No comments: