Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Seven weeks of bed rest

Dec. 5, 2007
Today marks seven full weeks on bed rest. It's hard to reflect back on the time. Seven weeks ago, I thought I'd never make it this far. It's amazing what can be done when it has to be done. In one and half weeks Dr. Watkins will take me off bed rest. I'll be 34 weeks pregnant at that time and she says it's safe for the babies to come.

I'm looking forward to it, because I'd like to try and regain some of my energy back. Even the smallest thing wears me out lately. I won't be able to do much once I'm off bed rest, but it will be nice to be able to go downstairs and maybe even sit on the front porch on nice days.

I can't complain too much. I've had such wonderful support. I know that everyone is just as excited as me for these babies to arrive safely. It's been a team sport getting them here! I've had help and support from everyone in the family. By either cooking for us, cleaning, or just helping me pass some time by visiting, I know I couldn't have gotten through this without everyone's help. I know I'll look back at this time and it will seem like it passed in a blink of an eye.

No comments: