Thursday, December 13, 2007

Last day of bed rest

Dec. 13, 2007
Yay! Today is my last official day of bed rest! I thought this day would never come. It's good for so many reasons. First of all being that I made it to 34 weeks (or will have come tomorrow)! When Dr. Watkins put me on bed rest at 25 and half weeks I was terrified that I was going to have two preemies that were going to have to spend a lot of time in NICU and potentially have long term effects from being born early. But if they are born now, there is very little chance of NICU time at all! Team Dittlinger Twins... we did it! The rest is just gravy. I know I said it before, but I really am appreciative of all the help that I received and how the whole family and my friends came together. They say it takes a village to raise a child, and I guess it takes the village to get them here sometimes too! I've heard so many stories about people on bed rest with no help. I realize how much I am loved, and how much these girls are going to be loved. Okay... enough, I'm starting to cry! :) At least I have hormones as an excuse.

I'm sure Ripley will be glad to see me. Since he lives downstairs, I've only seen him a handful of times during the past 8.5 weeks. I think he may have forgotten me by now. Tomorrow I'm pretty much going to take it very easy. Probably just spend most of the day at the couch. I have an appointment with Dr. Albert, my perinatalist. He should be doing another weight estimate on the girls. Three weeks ago they were each 4lbs. It'll be fun to see how much they've grown since then! I know my belly sure has.

No comments: