Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm free!

I'm free, I'm free, hallelujah, I'm free! Today is the first day that I'm officially off bed rest. I'm 34 weeks pregnant today. Yipee! My babies are now safe to be born, if they decide to make an appearance this early. You think I'd wake up and come downstairs right away, but I know how weak I am, and I have to pace myself. So I ate breakfast in bed again, watched some tv, took a shower and then came downstairs. I'm now typing on my own computer, which I missed dearly. It feels like I have a brand new monitor after using the tiny laptop monitor for so long.

Being downstairs in general feels a bit strange. I feel like I'm breaking the rules. I got to pet Ripley, but he was more interested in sleeping than talking to me. I think it's going to take a few days to get reoriented to a world outside of my bedroom. Now I just have to take it easy and not over do it.

The first thing I want to do today is cook. I miss cooking so bad! I've been craving my version of Chicken Tortilla Soup, which is fairly simple to make so that's what I'm going to do today!

***UPDATE***
Went to see the doctor today. The babies look healthy and are measuring at about 5 lbs each!

No comments: